We are looking for passionate, self-driven, talented engineers to maintain and improve our testing infrastructure and help us bring AR/VR perception to the next-level. If developing a reliable and modulable offline testing system while also evaluating live UX and performances sounds like the right challenge for you, then please read on !
We’re a small and dedicated team developing state-of-the-art computer vision software. Before founding Arcturus Industries, our team built first-of-a-kind products in real-time spatial computing. Now based in Madrid and Seattle, we are pushing the boundaries of computer vision for mixed reality. Our first launch brought 3D perception to SteamVR users, but we’re just getting started
Working with us, you would be in charge of our testing infrastructure and you would be assisting our R&D team daily to make us test better and move faster. We are looking for engineers who are pro-active by nature, making progress by themselves and who are confident adding new ideas to the pool. As the rest of the team, you will be involved in all parts of the projects - testing offline metrics but also live UX and performances on device.
Required expertise / traits:
- You have 3-4+ years of relevant experiences
- You made major past contributions to building and maintaining an offline testing infrastructure
- You are creative and can think out the box to find ways to get things done
- If you have past experiences in the following areas, it’s a plus:
- Embedded system performance testing
- UX testing in AR/VR
- You have a knack for deeply understanding complex systems, and knowing how to iteratively re-architect them to meet evolving needs
- You are able to work in a fast-paced environment with daily iteration
- You have an ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly.
- You’re humble, yet confident enough that you don’t need to make excuses or hide errors. In fact, you’d rather share your mistakes to save others from making them too.
- You’re pragmatic, and you want to spend your time on the most impactful work, and know when to live with imperfection in the less important areas.
Your tech toolbox:
- Very proficient in python
- Good knowledge of Jenkins
- Proficient in C++
- Knowledge of OpenGL is a plus
- Comfortable working cross-platform (Linux/Android, macOS, Windows)
- Ability to quickly adapt and contribute to a large existing codebase
Given the distributed nature of the team, the followings are also must-haves:
- You are an excellent communicator in English, both oral and written
- You like and excel at explaining clearly what you are doing and why on a daily basis
- You naturally embrace the scientific method to draw trustworthy conclusions
- You like to give and receive frequent feedback from your team and can take lead in resolving technical problems