We are looking for a passionate, talented software engineer to help us bring AR/VR perception (tracking, mapping, and beyond) to the next-level. If developing a low-latency, low-power, robust perception system sounds like the right challenge for you, then please read on!
We’re a small and dedicated team developing state-of-the-art computer vision software. Before founding Arcturus Industries, our team built first-of-a-kind products in real-time spatial computing. Now based in Madrid and Seattle, we are pushing the boundaries of computer vision for mixed reality. Our first launch brought 3D perception to SteamVR users, but we’re just getting started.
As a part of our R&D team, you would be making major contributions bringing this amazing technology to low-power devices, giving it a chance to enter everyday life by leveraging mobile/embedded hardware. We are looking for engineers who are also de-facto leaders by nature, with a solid track record on tackling difficult problems and able to deliver robust and efficient system architecture, while not being afraid to jump onto flashing a new kernel and swizzling bits.
Required expertise / traits:
- MS or PhD in Engineering degree and 2-3+ years of relevant experience (extracurricular and research experience may count if it is directly relevant).
- Major past contributions in production real-time systems, preferably computer vision/image processing.
- You have a knack for deeply understanding complex systems, and knowing how to iteratively re-architect them to meet evolving needs without introducing regressions.
- You’re goal oriented and you find yourself becoming the de-facto leader of every team you’re a part of – you naturally drive everyone towards the goal.
- You have an ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly.
- You’re humble, yet confident enough that you don’t need to make excuses or hide errors. In fact, you’d rather share your mistakes to save others from making them too.
- You’re pragmatic, and you want to spend your time on the most impactful work, and know when to live with imperfection in the less important areas.
Your tech toolbox:
- Very proficient in C++, comfortable with many languages
- Comfortable working cross-platform (Linux/Android, macOS, Windows), but Linux/Android experience is a must
- Ability to quickly adapt and contribute to a large existing codebase
- Experience with DSP (eg. Qualcomm Hexagon) or GPU (OpenGL, Vulkan) is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of SLAM is a strong plus.
Given the distributed nature of the team, the followings are also must-haves:
- You are an excellent communicator in English, both oral and written
- You like and excel at explaining clearly what you are doing and why on a daily basis
- You naturally embrace the scientific method to draw trustworthy conclusions
- You like to give and receive frequent feedback from your team and can take lead in resolving technical problems