We are looking for passionate, self-driven, talented computer vision engineers / researchers to help us bring AR/VR perception (tracking, mapping, and beyond) to the next-level. If developing a high-accuracy, low-latency and robust visual-inertial SLAM system sounds like the right challenge for you, then please read on !
We’re a small and dedicated team developing state-of-the-art computer vision software. Before founding Arcturus Industries, our team built first-of-a-kind products in real-time spatial computing. Now based in Madrid and Seattle, we are pushing the boundaries of computer vision for mixed reality. Our first launch brought 3D perception to SteamVR users, but we’re just getting started
As a part of our R&D team, you would be researching and implementing production-ready SLAM algorithms that leverage low-cost cameras and IMU. We are looking for engineers who are also de-facto leaders by nature, with a solid track record on tackling difficult problems and able to deliver robust and efficient code. As the rest of the team, you will be involved in all parts of the development process – from the algorithm conception and design to its implementation, testing, and bug fixing.
Required expertise / traits:
- You have a MS/Engineering degree (PhD is a plus) and 2-3+ years of relevant experience (extracurricular and research experience may count if it is directly relevant).
- You made major past contributions in real-time 3D SLAM: visual-inertial fusion, multi-cameras, fast optimization, robust feature tracking, etc
- You have published in top conferences and/or have a proven record building production-grade computer vision systems
- You are goal oriented and you find yourself becoming the de-facto leader of every team you’re a part of – you naturally drive everyone towards the goal.
- You have a knack for deeply understanding complex systems, and knowing how to iteratively re-architect them to meet evolving needs without introducing regressions.
- You are able to work in a fast-paced environment with daily iteration
- You have an ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly.
- You’re humble, yet confident enough that you don’t need to make excuses or hide errors. In fact, you’d rather share your mistakes to save others from making them too.
- You’re pragmatic, and you want to spend your time on the most impactful work, and know when to live with imperfection in the less important areas.
Your tech toolbox:
- Very proficient in C++
- Solid mathematical background and skills
- Comfortable working cross-platform (Linux/Android, macOS, Windows)
- Ability to quickly adapt and contribute to a large existing codebase
- Knowledge of low-level optimization (SIMD) is a plus
Given the distributed nature of the team, the followings are also must-haves:
- You are an excellent communicator in English, both oral and written
- You like and excel at explaining clearly what you are doing and why on a daily basis
- You naturally embrace the scientific method to draw trustworthy conclusions
- You like to give and receive frequent feedback to your team and can take the lead in resolving technical problems